A while ago I found this chandelier on Craigslist, for FREE. Silly me, had to pay the lady $20 for it. You can read the whole post here.
But anyway, at the time, I only thought to use it in my guest room. And that’s where it will be!
I wanted to “update it” somehow. But it is kind of a retro style, not the “French” “antique” style…
I did not find any place to hang crystals on it.
So I decided to put strings of beads, to make it more “sparkly”!
I went to Michael’s and found the beads SO EXPENSIVE!
But bought about $20 worth of material (now the whole project cost me $40): a”string” and the beads.
If you notice there are 6 metal “little posts” behind each glass globe. I glued (with a glue gun) a 7″ string of beads in each.
Towards the centre of the chandelier, the little “metal posts” are shorter, so I actually made longer strings, those are 13″ I think. And I inserted and glued (with a glue gun again) smaller beads at intervals. So each string has 6 beads. They are spaced.